Sorry everyone for not posting any dishes for so long as was hooked up in work due to demonetisation…. 😦 will try to post more frequently from now onwards …… My apologies…. No doubt i have cooking but its very less compared to previous … also as we know now winter has arrived and sleeping is one of my favourite part so sometimes cooking gets skipped 😀 made this yummy cake on children’s day and it was the first time i used whipped egg whites for making the cake . Normally i just break 4/5 eggs and make the cake but this time it was sponge cake which is normally made using egg whites so that the cake becomes soft , fluffy and rises well.
Baking is not my forte … actually even savoury dishes are also not my forte … 😀 but still i manage to make some good dishes 😉 i guess luck…. hahaha…. 🙂 🙂 i m weird i know and also i m crazy about food .. it makes my heart skip when i see some beautiful dishes in tv or any facebook group .. i become totally involved and try to learn everything about that dish whether i can make it or not, if yes than what things i need , substitutes if some things are not available , frantically searching for the products in store or amazon. So this cake is one of them i know its as simple as anyone would say but i told you i will try to post recipes here which are simple and which might make your life lot easier if you try to make them and it will be without any complications (sometimes one or two or three might come your way :D). You will overcome them i know.
Now coming to the point of baking the cake , since I don’t have an otg so normally I bake my dishes in microwave convection mode. So u can adjust accordingly. Hoping u would enjoy making this as much as I did. BON APPETITE. 😀😀😃😃
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Eggs -4 ( separate egg yolks and egg whites in different bowls )
Sugar – 1 cup ( make a fine powder by grinding it)
Butter – 100 gms
Refined oil -1/2 cup( or u can use only butter)
Vanilla essence – 2-3 teaspoon
Baking soda -1/2 teaspoon
Baking powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Compound white chocolate- 100 gms
Cream -1 full amul tetra pack
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon (if using salted butter skip it)
Cake Sprinklers – as your wish
(Note : Before making the cake make sure your butter and eggs are at room temperature. Also preheat your oven to 180 c and grease your baking pan with oil and then dust it with a bit of flour so that the cake doesn’t stick while baking )
1. In a bowl add the butter (60 gms), oil and half of the sugar and the egg yolks and cream them till they are pale yellow in colour then add vanilla essence and mix again for a min or so . ( keep a little bit of oil for greasing your cake pan ).
2. In another bowl start beating your egg whites, after 2 mins start adding sugar little by little n beat further for about 8/10 mins till soft peaks are formed.
3. Now shift flour , baking powder and baking soda in the butter and egg yolk mixture and mix well then add the egg whites in 2-3 steps and fold it with a spatula. Don’t use the beater again. Fold it till everything is mixed up well.
4. Now pour the cake batter into your baking pan. Bake this for about 25/30 mins and check interval wise . My cake gets always ready by about 30/35 mins. To confirm your cake is done put a skewer or knife into the cake if it comes clean then your cake is done. Let it rest for 15/20 mins.
5. While the cake is resting, in a pan add 100 gms white compound chocolate ( chop it ) and cream and the rest of butter and mix them gently in a low heat for about 10 mins till it boils a little bit. Your ganache will be ready by then and glossy in colour. Take out the cake pour your ganache over it or you can serve it in the side . Garnish it with cake decorating sprinklers. Now your cake is ready . ENJOY 😃