Phew ….. Writing after a long long time . My sob story is I cook but i don’t post 😒😒 Work stress is too much after which thinking to post and writing the recipes makes me lazy.. Somehow I wake up go to office, work there, boss throwing tantrums and drama, finish my job , come back home get freshen up, tuck myself in the bed with some comfort food, laptop in my lap, some sitcom playing in it or any TV series which are going on air watch them and sleep. Next day same thing is repeated… 😒😒😒 So sorry if I don’t post regularly.. I don’t think I have much people following me so that’s a relief as well as bitter truth. Followers are very much needed for a blog to get running and this keeps the blogger in track also. Anyways today’s recipe was just a random one with no preparation ahead . Though I think I could have made the recipe much better but still I manage to pull it off anyhow. Nowadays I am in a bad position because everywhere I see I could get such beautiful pictures of the recipes posted in the social media. And here m stuck to just getting one or two decent picture of my plate blehhhh…. 🤐🤐🤐🤐
Since it was a off day for me today so cooked my morning breakfast , lunch and the dessert. Being a Thursday today I prefer vegetarian dishes so everything today on plate was vegetarian. Breakfast was Idli Manchurian made with leftover idlis . Lunch consisted of lightly tossed greens, tomato and potato gravy and eggplant and potato sabji . Now u might be thinking which recipe I will be posting, don’t worry it’s none of the above. Its actually the dessert or I can say a tea time cake / bread I made. Since vegetarian day is a hell lot of a problem for non-vegetarian people like us. So I tried to pull this banana bread without using egg. To be frank it’s a headache not using eggs. Eggs make everything easier . You take some flour , chocolates and break a egg, some milk ,sugar , butter mix everything then u pop it in the oven and tada it’s done. Eggless cakes can become disasters. To be frank at first I though the cake would be a disaster but somehow it managed to come out good. On top of being the cake an eggless one I also made it with wheat flour which makes the cake dense, also no butter was there so I used only refined oil . Two more things to worry 😂😂. At last it was a decent cake . Moving on to the recipe . I will be writing my version you can replace the things as per your liking.Thank you.
Bon Appetit… 😃😃
Wheat flour -200 gm
Yoghurt (dahi) – 1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar – 150gms
Milk – 1/2 cup
Chocolate chips – 50gms
Vanilla essence- 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon powder- 1/4 teaspoon
Banana -2 ripe mashed
Coconut powder – 4 tablespoon dessicated
Baking powder-1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda -1/4 teaspoon
Oil – 1/2 cup
Sugar glaze ingredients :
Powdered sugar – 4/5 teaspoon
Milk – 2/3 teaspoon
Vanilla essence-1/4 teaspoon
1. Mash the bananas properly with a little bit of milk. Keep it aside
2. In a bowl mix yogurt , vanilla essence , oil , cinnamon powder , sugar , coconut powder and the mashed bananas.
3. In a separate bowl sieve the flour , baking soda and powder together . Now add the yogurt mixture in it and mix properly. Add milk little by little and make a thick batter. Whole Wheat flour cakes are always dense so the cake takes a bit more time than the usual cake made from all purpose flour or self raising cake.
4. Add the chocolate chips and mix everything well. Prepare your oven before hand. Preheat to 180c for about 5 mins as mine is a convection microwave so it doesn’t takes much time. Otg timings might differ. Adjust accordingly. Now pour the batter in a bread mould . Top it with more chocolate chips . Bake for about 40/50 mins or till the cake is done. Insert a skewer and if it comes out clean your cake is done.
5. For glaze mix everything under sugar glaze ingredients . Let the cake cool down then drizzle this glaze on top.I have added chopped hazelnuts and cranberries on top along with chocolate syrup. It tasted soo good with the chocolate syrup. A perfect tea time snacks. I hope everyone enjoys this cake as much as I did.
1. You can replace whole wheat flour with all purpose flour .
2. You can replace oil with butter .
3. You can replace yoghurt with 2/3 eggs.