Pudding is one of the most easiest dessert. According to Google pudding can either be dessert or a savory dish . I prefer it as dessert. Since our childhood we have been eating one kind of pudding and I guess everyone knows that the Custard pudding . I have loved that pudding since my childhood but now I don’t like it much since different versions are known to me right now and I would like to try out those dishes soon. There are different kinds of pudding like rice pudding, Yorkshire pudding, banana pudding , Chocolate pudding, tapioca pudding, cheese pudding and many more… You can boil them or bake them or steam them . And today I will be posting the recipe for Chocolate Bread Pudding . It’s one of my favourite recipes. Chocolate is an option in this recipe you can either add it or omit it but I suggest adding it because it gives a much nicer taste and Chocolate is everyone’s favourite. Who won’t like it ?? Right 😎😎😎
I have first made this pudding a long time back and after around 3/4 years I guess I made this recently as I was having guests at my house and I didn’t want to make cake as sometimes my cakes become soggy or they won’t be good enough to serve the guests . So I didn’t want to get into any trouble and made this pudding as it’s easy and u can always be sure that it won’t disappoint you in any way. But due to some reasons I could not get a whole picture of the pudding out of the oven I just had to take a picture from a slice of it. Anyways no further boring you guys and straight to the recipe. BON APPETIT ☺☺☺
(Serves around 10 people or more)
One whole pack of bread ( large)
Eggs – 6 (room temperature)
Milk – 800 ml
Sugar – 1/2 cup( brown or white )
Cocoa powder- 5/6 teaspoon
Cadbury chocolate – 2 small ( 10rs ) melted
Salted Butter – 100gm melted
Vanilla essence- 1 teaspoon
Cardamom powder- 1/4 teaspoon
Chocolate chips- 1/2 cup
1. Tear the bread into small pieces and place them into the baking tray. Add 400 ml milk and soak the bread pieces completely in it .
2. Preheat the microwave at 180 c for 5/7 mins .
3. Now in a bowl add everything else except the chocolate chips and mix well .
4. Pour this mixture onto the bread and let it soak for another 10 mins . After that mix everything thoroughly and sprinkle the Chocolate chips above it.
5. Bake the pudding for about 40 mins upto 1 hr or until it’s done. Insert a skewer and see if it’s coming out clean or not. If cleaned then the pudding is cooked if not then bake further for sometime till it’s done completely.
6. I always prefer the pudding to be served chilled and it tastes far better. So let it chill overnight and always cook this puddingin advance and serve it chilled. You can add ice-cream also or Chocolate syrup , maple syrup as per your preference.
Now this baby is cooked. It’s easy to make no fancy ingredients just every common things you find in your kitchen table. Bake this and serve to your family I bet everyone will be fond of it. Stay blessed and happy Cooking .. ☺☺☺☺