😃😃😃 Dinner is always my favourite part of the day actually night time .. hahahaha… 🤓🤓 because I only have the time after my office to make something since waking up early is not my forte … 😉😉 Morning sleep is important to me so no compromises on that part .
As for today’s recipe, I was not sure what to make for dinner since a lot of raw paneer was still in the refrigerator uncooked and as it was Thursday which is a no non vegetarian day for me so I knew I had to make something with the paneer and since I m not fond of eating rice so thought that I would pair it up with chappati but then something comes to my mind and I looked up for recipes for making naan as it’s one of my favourites as a restaurant food. I always prefer naan over rice or pulao or fried rice . So making naan at home will be another achievement for me and I wouldn’t need any excuse to go and eat outside . I can still make naan at home with fresh ingredients and devour it with immense pleasure. Also its raining on our part so a cold night dinner is some hot butter naan with spicy tangy achari panned . Here come a easy recipe for the night which you can celebrate with your loved ones and I bet you will be fully satisfied with the outcome.
BON APPETIT…. 😃😃😃😃
Ingredients : (Serves 2)
For the Butter Naan –
1. All purpose flour – 1 cup
2. Yougurt – 1/2 cup
3. Salt – 1/2 tspn
4. Baking soda – 1/4 tspn
5. Baking powder – 1/4 tspn
6. Oil – 1tspn
8. Herbed butter melted – 3/4 tblspn
For Achari Paneer :
ACHARI MASALA :
1 teaspoon each of cumin seeds , corriander seeds, Saunf
1/2 teaspoon of meethi seeds and yellow mustard seeds
4/5 dry red chillies
PANEER MARINATION AND THE GRAVY :
Paneer – 100 gm ( cut into long strips )
Yogurt – 3/4 tblspn
Achari masala 2 tspn
Onions – 1 large sliced
Tomato puree – 100 ml
Milk – 1 cup ( preferably Amul pack)
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tblspn
Sugar – 1/2 tspn
Achari masala – 2 tspn
Pepper powder – 1/2 tspn
Butter Naan –
1.Mix all the ingredients listed under the butter naan category except the Herbed butter. Make a soft dough out of it and let it rest for about an hour .
2. After the dough is rested. Roll out long elongated chappati in shape of naan . Apply water on one side of the naan and put the naan onto a hot iron pan . The naan will stick but slowly it will dry up and the side will get cooked. Now the naan will leave the surface of the pan and you will be able to pick up the naan with a pair of tongs . In a grill rack used for stove gas, flip the other side of the naan and cook it till it’s done . Apply the melted butter on both sides of the naan . Keep it covered or you can cook it after the paneer is done.
A close up picture of the naan. 😃😃
Achari Paneer –
1. For the achari masala roast all the dry spices in a pan for 3/4 mins till an aroma comes out from the spices . Cool them down then grind it into a fine powder . Keep it aside or store in air tight container.
2. For the marination use all the ingredients listed under marination and marinate the paneer one day prior to cooking and keep it in the fridge. It’s taste better when marinated overnight. I highly recommend this and not the 1-2 hrs prior method.
3. In a pan heat oil and fry the paneer pieces till they are slight brown in colour. Keep it aside.
4. In the same pan add more oil and fry the onions and g- g paste till the onions are translucent and soft .
5. Add the fried paneer and Achari masala and fry again for 2/3 mins .Now add the tomato puree into it and add salt as per your taste. You can add turmeric or not depending on your preference. Cook this for about 10 mins on low and cover it. Stir in between so that it dsnt stick to the bottom of the pan .
6. Add the sugar , pepper powder and milk and stir nicely so that all the spices are mixed up properly. You can add water little by little and make a thick gravy or you can add more milk . Let it cook for another 5/10 mins and it’s done .
7. Now serve hot with the butter naan and enjoy your delicious dinner with your loved ones.
Hope you enjoy cooking this dish as much as I did. Do try and let me know. Thanku… 😊😊😊😊
The spicy yummy paneer . A close up picture. 😃😃